

We were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving in Hawaii this year with all of Derek's family. We enjoyed beautiful weather and spent most of the day in our swimsuits at the pools or on the beach. I also celebrated my 30th birthday over there. I told Derek the only thing I wanted was a few hours of peace and quiet by the pool reading a book. He was kind enough to grant my wish and I had a wonderful afternoon to myself reading, eating lunch, and laying by the pool.
We went to the Dole Plantation and rode the train around the pineapple fields. We also got to attend the rededication of the temple on Sunday. Tyler was old enough to go with us so that was a neat experience to have him there.
Some of the kids went to the night show at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
I think the highlight was the snorkeling. Derek went out on a boat with Kate and Dylan and they got to swim with dolphins and see a lot of fish, including some turtles. Tyler and I went snorkeling together and also got to see 3 big turtles. All in all, we had a really fun time and a memorable Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment