Thursday, September 27, 2007

school is in session



I am officially a soccer mom. I drive the mini van full of kids (no it's not a carpool they are all mine) I bring the soccer balls to the game along with the goal and the snacks and Derek coach's the team. This is my first experience cheering for my own child on the field and not someone else's and I have to remind myself that really it is just a game and not to cheer for or "encourage" the players to loudly or intensely. So far we've lost our first 2 games. Tyler's caught on that it's not too cool to be on a losing a team but we're trying to convince him that he's already getting better and they'll get to play these teams again and they'll probably beat them next team, that seemed to appease him for the time being. Tyler is enjoying Kindergarten a lot. I am not enjoying all the driving I am doing. Between taking and picking Tyler up and taking and picking Kate up from preschool and attending soccer games twice a week poor Lance doesn't know the meaning of a good nap in his bed anymore. I'm very afraid long gone are the days of peacefully staying home for days at a time and feeling like I want to get out and go somewhere. Now I cherish the moments at home when I'm not leaving to go somewhere and it's only just begining.

2 comments:

Marnie Bergeson said...

Hey Carly,

I found your blog as I promised. I love it. I should actually write more in mine now. Not like you really care, but since we are now officially novice blog buddies, you can check out thebergesonfamily.blogspot.com. Good work. Cute family, of course.

Jamie said...

Why do you have the cutest family ever?