It's nearing the end of the summer and each summer seems to go by faster than the last. We've been busy with a lot of things going on in Derek's family this summer. We had a wedding and family vacation to Cabo, Mexico back to back so I feel like I'm just getting back into the swing of things. Tyler starts kindergarden in 2 weeks. People keep asking me how I feel about that and I really don't know. I am excited for him, I think he will really enjoy it and it will be fun to watch him learn. I am already nervous about what he's going to learn on the playground and from his peers. Isn't it sad that I have to worry about that already? I am interested to see how Kate handles Tyler being gone now. I wonder if she'll notice or just accept it and get used to the new way of things. I really don't know if I will cry on his first day of school or if I will be totally fine and just anxious for him to come home and tell me all about his first day.
Well about our trip to Cabo. We had a really good time and enjoyed it. We stayed in a really nice house that pretty much fit Derek's whole family (I think there were 23 of us at one point). Of course not everyone had beds or complete privacy but it was a really nice house up in a neighborhood on a cliff with the beach down below. It had a pool and hot tub outside and the kids loved it. Tyler got confidant enough to swim without any floaties and by the time we left he was swimming all over by himself and Kate even swam a little bit by herself so that was great. Kate's hair is green from the chlorine however. It reminds me of when I was in swim team growing up and my hair was green almost every summer, we had to get special shampoo to wash it out. Vacationing with four kids can be tricky however. Maneuvering our way through the airport and evertime we went anywhere pretty much was work, just trying to think through everything we were going to need and getting it all loaded up. One of the high lights of the trip was having massages at the house. A lady that was cooking for us one night told us about her side business so we had some ladies come one afternoon and they brought their massage beds and set them up around the pool and they did massages and facials (for a small fee of course:] ) it was very worth it though.
well all the kids are napping except tyler and since my afternoons left with him are numbered I think I'll go see what he's up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment