Sunday, June 24, 2007

First Entry

After reading a few of my friends' blogs I've decided to have my very own. I haven't been a very good journal writer and our family is growing and changing so quickly I know I'll really regret not having anything to look back on. So I'm hoping this might work for me. Plus I hear you can get your blogs turned into books so that would be fun to.
So to get started let me include a brief synopsis of our family. Derek and I will have been married for 7 years this summer. We live on the Royal slope and Derek farms with his Dad. We have 4 kids now, yes we are busy (and sometimes crazy I think).
Tyler is our oldest, he is 5 and will be starting kindergarden this fall. I really can't believe it. He is a good kid and has a lot on his shoulders being the oldest of 4. He loves to dress up in different costumes and has a great imagination. He is always coming up with some kind of game for he and Kate to play and the costumes to go along with it. He has recently discovered a love for camping and Derek has been a good sport to go along with it.
Kate is our only girl and I am so glad I have her. She is 3 and does just about everything Tyler does. She is my little helper. No matter what I'm doing she is always asking to help and pulling up a stool to the counter. She also loves to dress up. She is pretty easy going most of the time and even when you are trying to explain to her that she's in trouble she won't get too upset. She'll just say, "okay mom, i won't do that again." If only it were true! She'll start preschool this fall at Mrs. Becky's and boy is she excited.
Dylan is our third and he is his own person. He'll be 2 next month but still doesn't talk a whole lot, at least in english. He has come up with his own words and communicates pretty well actually. Whenever we say a prayer he tells us who he wants us to pray for and the list is always the same and somewhat extensive. He gets upset if we don't pray for these people, they include and usually in this order: dit dat (Uncle Austin), papa (grandpa), football (Tyler), dada, mama, date (Kate), pop pop pop (himself), and baby (Lance). He is all boy and absolutely loves trucks and tractors of all kinds. He has one in his hand almost all day and even falls asleep with one in his bed most nights. He really likes to go farming with Derek, especially when he's driving a tractor. He can be really cute and sweet, he likes to give hugs and kisses, but also has an agressive side that I have to watch out for when he's around other kids. He loves to be outside so this summer has been great for him.
Lance was born April 16. He is a good little guy and I love his smile. He is pretty mellow most of the time, especially considering all the noise and commotion he is around constantly!
Well it's now getting late and I need to get to bed. I hope to keep up to date on the happenings of our family.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Carly! I loved reading and getting caught up on your blog! It has been so long since I've talked to you or Marilee. It sounds like you are great! How is Marilee? Leslie Sanders told me that she is (was?) pregnant. How exciting! I just had my second boy. We have lots of pictures and stuff up on our blog...
http://wallacedepot.blogspot.com
Take care! Love, Courtney (your old BYU freshman dorm neighbor and King Henry neighbor :)

Leslie said...

Carly, found your link on Courtney's blog. I love Dylan's prayer. It's a good one! Hey, Seth hardly talks at all and doesn't even attempt prayers! I really wish you guys lived closer! Any plans to move south? Keep on blogging!

Sandra said...

Life happens fast doesn't it? I found your blog on blogspot, as I was catching up with some other people from Kent. Congrats on the "new" baby!