Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tea Time





Kate celebrated her 6th birthday with a very fun tea party. She invited several friends over after school on her birthday. First we had them get dressed up in something appropriate for our tea party (as you can see we left it to their discretion what that might be) then we painted their fingernails. Then we helped them decorate their hats and fans. The girls loved all of it and were more than eager to pose for the photos after they were all ready for the official tea party to begin. I explained to them what impeccable manners were required at a fine tea party such as this and they all quickly jumped on board with their pleases and thank-you's and ma'ams and such. It was pretty fun to serve them and listen to them talk to each other during the party. Several of them said it was "delightful". We had hot chocolate, peanut butter and celery, petitefores, lemon drops, nuts, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Everyone had a great time and I think Kate really enjoyed all of it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! So creative! Glad it was a hit.

Kate said...

That's darling! I'm totally going to steal this idea for one of my daughters' future birthday parties.

Katie said...

It turned out so great! Darling idea, glad the girls had fun. A memory they'll always talk about I'm sure :)

Miller Family said...

You are such a cool mom! What a great idea! Everyone looks marvelous in their dress ups and their cakes look delightful. How fun! Happy Birthday Kate!
PS Colin came home and told me Kate had had a tea party and he just didn't understand why boys were not invited to tea parties. It was pretty cute. I told him he could have Kate come over to play sometime so maybe before Christmas her and Tyler can come over again.

Becky Noftle said...

Zoe was very excited about the "paintnolish"! She said she remember to drink with her little pinky up! I think a delightful time was had by all.

Courtney said...

Avery is still talking about it! Thanks for the invite, it was so cute!

Tracey said...

Tom and I had so much fun checking in on your family! It looks like you're having a blast and the kids are so cute! 5 wow! We've got some catching up to do! Your house is unbelievable, I look forward to coming to see it in person someday!