Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween







Whew! We made it through another year of Halloween! Between 3 class halloween parties for Tyler, Kate, and Dylan, and one kindergarten harvest festival on Thurs and Friday, by the time the actual day came we'd already had a good share of Halloween festivities.
One of our favorite things this year turned out to be our pumpkin carving night. Despite our young carving crew the event went rather well without too much chaos and most importantly without any casualties! We were quite pleased with our artistic abilities and between Derek and I were able to meet all requests for bats, ogres, happy faces and werewolves (at least they were happy, others may need to use a bit of an imagination).
Halloween night we went to Grandma and Grandpa Jack's for dinner and to get the troops ready in their costumes. This year we had a knight, a football player, and two 50's girls. By the end of the night we had more candy than we could (or should) eat and I fell into bed, relieved to have made it through another Halloween!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! Lauren is adorable! I wish we could get a pic of her, cameron and jack.

marci said...

I am tired just reading this post! But the pumpkins look great! I didn't know there was such a thing as a green pumpkin. (maybe I shouldn't have admitted to that, is that common knowledge?)

Anonymous said...

You amaze me! Lauren looks so much like Derek in that picture, I had never really picked up on that before. I miss seeing your cute family at church!