We had a great Easter this year and spent most of the time with the Jack side. Marilee and Nathan and Ethan came over along with Toby and Leah and Boedy and Marci and Mark and Madisen. The kids enjoyed what the easter bunny left sunday morning. They followed their jelly bean trails to find their baskets full of candy-filled eggs, chocolate bunnies, goggles and a big kite sitting next to each of their baskets. We get a lot of wind during the spring here so hopefully they'll have fun with the kites. After church we went to my mom's for easter dinner.
It was an especially nice easter program for me because Derek got to sit with us Lance fell asleep, grandma Chriss was keeping Dylan entertained, Tyler was good as usual and Kate was sitting with grandma Jack, so I actually got to hear and enjoy most of sacrament meeting. Derek was made the Bishop of our ward just about a month ago and I already miss having him on our bench, but seeing as I probably have a long ways to go before he's back I might as well try to adjust.
The kids are all growing up so quickly. Tyler is nearing the end of kindergarten and just finished with wrestling. Kate is nearing the end of her first year of preschool and really tries to be a good helper around the house, she definitely has the "mommy instincts" and wants to help cook and hold Lance and make crafts, all with the enthusiasm, experience and skill of a 4 yr old! Dylan is a big boy. He is really enjoying being able to play outside more and especially likes going to work with Derek, especially if it's going to involve a tractor or a 4 wheeler. Lance will be one in just a few weeks and he's starting to stand on his own and gets into most anything he can reach and can say a few words (ball, dada, mama) and he likes to sing, he's a fun little guy. Derek is pretty swamped with everything...church, work, the family, and more church. We are trying to get the ball rolling to build our house but it's been frustrating how slowly it's happening, or not happening I should say. I am trying to man the homefront and keep things rolling here at home. I love my family, I feel very blessed for our health and the many opportunities we've been given. I wish I was better than I am, I really hope that I can look back in 10 or 15 years and see that I've made some progress and become more patient and christ-like. And just for the record...I do wish time could stop right here, as busy as it is I don't want my kids to get any older or me as a matter of fact. It is a wonderful time in my life that I want to cherish.
No comments:
Post a Comment