Monday, July 13, 2009

July



Our summer has been pretty busy so far but mostly with fun summer things.  We did bless  Lauren the first Sunday of July and then had family over for dinner that afternoon.  We were supposed to bless her last month but several of us were sick so we had to postpone so I was just glad her dress still fit with the rate that she's growing!  We spent a fun 4th of July swimming at the pond Derek's dad built and there's a picture of Derek getting ready to go off of the rope swing into the pond.  He hates heights so I'm always impressed when he makes his way to the top level, I have yet to get there myself.  
We had a primary activity  a few days before the 4th and all the kids wore red, white, and blue and decorated their bikes for a little parade through some of the neighborhoods which turned out to be a lot of fun.  
This weekend was our community days in Royal and sat morning Derek and I participated in a fun run(5k) where all the proceeds went towards heart research in honor of our good friends who have a daughter with a heart defect.  Tyler and Kate ran the kids race which was a mile long and I was so impressed with how well they did.  Tyler came in 4th, behind 3 twelve yr old boys, and Kate finished strong sprinting over the finish line.  I didn't even know they could make it that far, I guess I underestimated!
After the events at the community days in the park we got together with my mom and dad, marilee and nate who drove over for the weekend with their little new one, Jack, and Marci and Mark's family.  We took them to the Callahan's water slide and had a blast.  Mom and Marci even went in their clothes because it looked so fun and they hadn't brought swimsuits.  Then we went over to the pond for a bbq before Nate and Marilee headed back home.  All in all it was a busy but fun weekend.  
This week we are looking forward to celebrating Dylan's 4th bday on Wed so I will post pictures of that later.
Also, I took Lance to walmart today to buy some underwear and other "fun" potty training essentials.  He wore his new underwear when we got home today and I think changed at least 3 times because he was so excited to try them all out.  I always REALLY dread this whole stage and try to get geared up for it but I just don't know if I'm 100% on board with the idea yet.  So we'll see if it lasts longer than a few days.  This is a job I would definitely like to hire out!  At least the clean up portion anyway.  The up side is just how dang cute their little bums look in underwear, and it never fails they always have to try their new underwear out on their head as well, why is that?




4 comments:

Kate said...

The pond and waterslide look so inviting. How fun!!

Unknown said...

how fun carly! I´m so glad you posted pictures because I´ve been waiting for someone to do it! I´ve been dying to see this slide everyone has been talking about and Lauren´s blessing picture is so cute. I would have loved to been there for both Lauren´s blesing and community days. But it looks like I´ll be around the states next summer so we´ll just have to do it again!

Miller Family said...

The slide is the boys' new favorite place to go. We'll have to plan a day before school starts to go together.

Love the pic of Lauren in her blessing outfit. What a cutie!!

leah said...

How much fun! You have been busy! I will have to get some advice about potty training from you when the time comes for Boedy. I am VERY much dreading it. I will have to remember to think how cute his bum looks in underware when the time comes though... he he